March 13, 2017

How woman got her body for doing the basic things

 
As Erica Lugo sat on the couch, her then 3-year-old son Connor gazed at her and asked her to sit on the floor to play with him.


"No," she immediately said.

The reason?
Lugo felt too tired to get off the couch. As sad as it was at the time, that "no" sparked a realization.

"That was a huge wake up call for me. 'Oh my gosh, I told my 3-year-old son, no I couldn't play with him, because I was too tired to get off the couch,'

Since that "no" three years ago Lugo lost 160 pounds from her 5-foot-11-inch frame. When she started, she felt depressed to learn she weighed 322 pounds.


"Your heart kind of sinks when you see that," she said.

Growing up, Lugo struggled with her weight: she never really understood nutrition or exercise. After realizing she had to slim down, she simply downloaded an app to help her track her calories and exercise. She followed the app's recommendations to eat 2,000 calories a day and work out four times a week. She relied on smaller food portions, low-calorie frozen dinners and exercised for 20 or 30 minutes, four times a week.

"When I first started, I had no idea what to do," she said. "The basics are what worked. Read the full story here"

No comments:

Post a Comment