February 17, 2017

Woman who hid herself for 15 years becomes a model

Woman hid for 15 YEARS because people called her 'dog’; now she is the new hottest model 
Carlene John was diagnosed with vitiligo at the age of 11, a condition that causes the skin to develop white patches.

Due to her condition, she avoided appearing in public and social places.
She was bullied in school; they called her weird names, and probably thought she will never amount to something worthy of admiration. see more pictures below


For 15 years, Carlene John hid her white patches for fear of being disrespected and looked down upon by those who did not understand her condition

She says at some point in her life, she attempted to get rid of the white spots on her skin by colouring them with a black pen, so that she could look normal and stops the bullies. 

26 year old Carlene started doing away with make ups, then showing off her skin in  professional photo shoots and catwalk shows. 

“As a model, I never thought I would be able to show my patches on my face. I thought I would have to conceal my white patches all the time. That was until a friend told me to embrace my look,” says Carlene.

Woman hid for 15 YEARS because people called her 'dog’; now she is the new hottest model 
 She took the friend's advice and hit the runways with it. She embraced her natural beauty.

“I practically took over the runway. At first I thought I looked ugly because of my vitiligo, but people told me I was outstanding. They said I was the most beautiful thing on earth, and I started believing it,” says Carlene.

Her self-confidence and esteem, she says, has grown remarkably. 

Carlene is a leaving proof that everyone is special in a unique way. 

my Opinion
when people despise you for what you are, never give up. those who despise you will praise you when they see something extra ordinary in you. thank God she didn't kill her self. she is now a hot model

photo credit: Carters News Agency

No comments:

Post a Comment