August 05, 2016

A missing German Man reunite with family after 32years


0804eveningstrassmanhomelessvet.jpg
Leon who was missing before


0804eveningstrassmanhomelessvet5.jpg
Leon with his sister. he reunited with his family after 32 years
photo: Provided by CBS Interactive Inc. 

His name is Leon, he was one of those homeless veterans for decades.

The 21 year old Leon who is Army Vet disappeared when he went to Atlanta to work.
Her younger Sister Marta Salie confirmed in her statement which reads "He went to Atlanta to work," said Marta Sallie,  "I got worried when I saw a year, then two years, and then when it got to five years, I was like something is wrong."


All that time, Leon was in Atlanta's doing series of part-time jobs, roaming houses, and homeless shelters. The Army vet kept radio silence with his family.
"He was like a gentle giant," said Patricia Green.

Green, a social worker with the Veterans Administration, met Leon at a homeless shelter for vets in Atlanta last April and asked him about his family and he said he does not know his family.

According to Green, she searched online, including sending a Facebook message, to four possible family members. And the very next day, she got a call from the sister," Green said. "And she's like, 'is this a joke?'"
"I thought it was a hoax," said Sallie . "When I heard his voice, I knew it was real."

The Army family's reunion was 32 years in the making.
"We hugged and told him that I never gave up on him," Sallie said.

Leon said he was shocked.
"I was shocked, crying on the inside," he said.

Sallie said it was a miracle.
"For her and for me, too," said Leon. "Because I had to go through this. It's just a long, long time that went by."
Leon's sister said all the questions he can't answer don't matter. He's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment